Saturday 7 May 2011

Pleated Affair,

Pleats the word used to make me cringe, the thought of primary school skirts in black and grey are of the past now ladies, they now have a totally different look, a modern, colourful, desirable look. Pleats are back with a vengeance and I’m actually considering buying a pleated skirt I have had my eye on!

I was a bit unsure at first but having tried a few on I’m relieved at how flattering they are even at the new ‘it’ midi length. River Island has a soft chiffon one in mocha brown and it would look great with a nude bodice or striped Breton jumper, even if you have that inner rock chick they look great with t-shirts. Of course on the runway the pleated skirt is worn with more sophistication Valli spring/summer collection saw white pleated skirts showing the upmost of feminity and glamour effortlessly.





Of course its not all about the nude/white effortless effect. Spring is fanning out a whole burst of colour. Which reminds me, Whistles has an outstanding little number with only a small price tag (£95) in bright pink, perfect with a white shirt and coloured wedges this summer.

I should stop being so biast towards the pleated skirts as you can get your mits on pleated shorts, dresses and another big trend this summer, palazzos! I was really worried that the pleated palazzos wouldn’t look good on the shorter lady however I have tried a pair on and they are incredible comfy and don’t actually swamp you. Topshop do a really nice pair in tobacco, tieing in with this seasons nude trend on the runways and not at a hefty price tag too (£48).


 1..2..3



So go on, find your inner girly side and try the modern pleats, you will be blown away by the choice.

To the office, for a walk, even a morning coffee you will look the bee's knees in these desirable accessories from of course, That Indie Look.

1 comment: