Tuesday 11 January 2011

January Debate

I have decided after a serious discussion with my fellow companion, who also loves all things old and rusty, to have debates on subjects that come up now and again that can develop many a debate.

I decided for the January edition to talk about the idea of style, trend, fashion or whatever it's called nowadays:

Vintage vs Vintage Inspired

It's no question that vintage clothing stores are hot property right now with one propping up in every town
For me it's all about the original key pieces. I would rather buy a original Vintage item than a make shift inspired piece. I do agree that buying vintage comes with it's ups and downs; for example some items need a little care & attention but that's not the end of the world pop, nothing a needle and thread can't fix. I love the feeling of someone coming up to me and asking 'where did you get that Aryan jumper from?' and my reply being from a vintage shop ah thank you only £4! They then look in disgust as the one there wearing is from one of the many mainstream shops on the high street cosing 15 times more than mine.

A great feeling of satisfaction

I do admit that the high street does it well, but its not the original which you can still buy! I have a lot of admiration for those independent shops trying to get a foot in the door, especially when the street there on is filled to the brim of all things reproduced for the throw away society we live today.
I'm not saying that you should change what you buy/wear but just to give a little love to those charity shops and vintage shops around. God I'm no dictator.

Today i am wearing: Skirt, cardigan, boots, scarf & bag from vintage shops. Genius!

I would love to hear your views on the January Debate (look at me thinking I've gone all political, but it is just a light debate on the matter)

So what's it to be originality or copycat?

Kayleigh
`

No comments:

Post a Comment