Friday 16 September 2011

Sunflowers in Autumn

I know I'm a little early seeing as we have still got Halloween, Christmas, New Year, My Birthday but I thought I could totally talk about Rodarte's Spring/Summer 2012 collection... Well I have already seen selection boxes and even Easter eggs (Granted the Easter eggs were probably last years at 3 for 50p).

Even though I'm already getting that fresh red nose feeling when I wake up and look outside the window, with the leaves falling in the hundreds of burnt yellows, rust and dirt coloured parachutes, I can't help but have felt a little excitement when trying to find this winter new fur lined boots to long over and have the daydreams I have of snowy Wales.
However seeing in this months Vogue Rodartes collection of sunflower, embroidered, secret garden, floral smelling, whimsicalness, I again felt a little flurry of excitement!

Deja Vu when looking at the women dressed in meadow. From the 1920's embellishment to Tom Brigance 1952 Designed Halterneck, Emilio Pucci's psychedelic 1960's prints to Celia Birtwell's 1970's floral madness to Geoffrey Beene's 1980's evening wear!


 1..2..3..4


Geniuses these designers all are and top marks for Rodarte! A collection that has brought the best out in almost every era of iconic fashion.





No comments:

Post a Comment